Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Home is Where the Heart Is


2 Little Girls I Get VERY Excited to see When I am in El Salvador

El Volcan in San Salvador


El Salvador. A beautiful place. A broken place. A place crying out for Jesus. A place I call home. Back in 2008 I traveled to El Salvador and received a heavy burden from the Lord for this country and the people in it. Since 2008 I have been to this country over 20 times ministering in word, song, camps, and one on one deep conversations. There were times when I could not even imagine coming back to the United States the burden was so deep. But as always, I came back and kept this country in my prayers. This country will always be on my heart and I will continue to travel there until I am told otherwise (by the "big man" upstairs.)

I wanted to share one story from my travels to El Salvador. In 2005 my parents changed our annual family trip from Florida to El Salvador convincing us we would love it since the weather was in the 90's. I remember landing there and thinking "what in the world am I going to do in the country?" The only American restaurant close to our hotel was pizza and if you know me at all I HATE PIZZA. Our hotel was right across the street from a mall but of course... "it wasn't safe for me to go there by myself." With that being said... I stayed at the pool in the sun until I was told I had to leave to eat or go to service. Needless to say, I told my parents I would never return to that country... EVER.


In 2008 for some odd reason I decided I wanted to go to El Salvador with my dad. He brought Mike and I along with him and my whole attitude was changed. I looked at the country with open eyes, I met and made long lasting relationships with people there, I ate all sorts of food (including pupusas), I opened my heart during church services, and long story short, fell in love with the country.

As I said before, The Lord put the burden on my heart for El Salvador. You never know what situation God is going to use to change you. Most of the time we want the situations around us to change but what is most important is letting the situations change us to be more like Him.





No comments:

Post a Comment